Once again, IDS West 2014 was filled with inspiration and ideas. There seemed to be more artisans this year compared to years gone by.
Here are some of my favourites:
• Cernogroup.com was a real highlight. They are a group of extraordinary designers specializing in lighting. Although there were many to see and all gorgeous this dining fixture by Nick Sheridan was my favourite.
• Although not new to IDS West the raku artist, Kathleen Tennock, inspires me every time I see her pieces. The process she uses is very unique and each piece is a work of art.
• My design & display background was tweaked when I saw the John Fluevog shoes displayed with the beautiful wood pieces … along with a vintage red truck from Chapel Arts.
• And of course Judson Beaumont’s adorable version a designer homes for you wee pooch definitely put a smile on my face.
• The tables for Dinner by Design were all very innovative. But, of course, my loyalty goes to our friends Robert and David at Provide.
• And as usual, there were a lot of familiar faces. We stopped by to see Michelle and Kyla from Port & Quarter at the booth they designed for the designers from the Brooklyn Exchange and that seemed to be the meeting place.
• And of course we saw one of ours, Ken Glass. He is in the Interior Design program at the Art Institute and they were busy working on a time-challenged project so we couldn’t stop to chat for long. We’re please to say that his group won the challenge! We’re so proud of him!
The show definitely did not disappoint. I would love to hear what some of your highlights were. Leave a comment below or on our Facebook page.
~ Patti Houston, owner of Flüff Design & Decor