In spite of the actual size of your room, there are many techniques available to help create a sense of spaciousness or coziness – depending on your personal style.
If you want your room to be spacious, contemporary design might be your cup of tea.
- Eliminate the shadows
- diffused, ambient lighting tends to make the room feel larger.
- Soft colors and monochromatic color schemes
- cream, beige and cool gray pastels color on the floors
- ceilings should have the lightest color in the room
If you want your room to be cozy – urban, classic design might be your cup of tea.
- use direct lighting
- a reading lamp or down-shaded lamp will cast light only in its relative vicinty
- use incandescent lamps for a warmer glow
- strong colors for walls and floors
- dark floor with walls of brown or deep red, blue or green tones will help create the feeling of a smaller, cozier space.
For more design tips and tricks, visit our tips and tricks section on our blog.
Add a comment