A few weeks ago my daughter, Jordan, decided she would like to sponsor a family this Christmas. When she’s not in school she is busy working at Joe Fresh so she put out the word at work to see if anyone else was on board to get this things going. Her friend, Courtney, was so excited to join in. Within a few short weeks they:
- Found a family through the YWCA (mom and her 4 young kids)
- Stocked their fridge and cupboards with groceries
- Got clothing for all including scarves, mitts, hats and shoes
- Tons of gifts for under the tree
- Wrapped all the gifts
- Got a stroller, sheets, towels, pots and pans, kitchenware, diapers, and clothes.
- Stockings of course and filled with goodies for the kids
- Special spa treats for “Mom” kindly purchased and donated from friends that work at the Body Shop.
- And their friends at Indigo bought and donated kids books
- Disney store – again their friends were generous and gave toys including educational ones
They even baked goodies to thank everyone that donated.
Soon the car will be loaded and the two young girls will make one family-in-needs’ Christmas a whole lot nicer!
Good work girls. I am really proud of you.