Each month, we invite our stagers and designers to attend a free breakfast meeting at Flüff. Studio Flüff is usually a full house and it’s great to see so many people excited to come to create community in the home staging and interior design industry.
At our breakfast meetings, we invite a presenter from a local business to come and talk about any topic that is related to the industry. Topics range from photographing interiors to the latest trends to having a round table discussion about concerns our designers have about their businesses.
The presentations last about an hour and it gives them an opportunity to learn and also to network with other home stagers. We love the energy that is created when these meetings happen.
This month’s topic was Trends in Tiles presented by Curt and Nancy from Ames Tile & Stone in Burnaby. They shared tile samples, discussed current trends in tiles and talked about the influence the Europeans have had on tile designs.
The top 7 tile trends we noticed were:
- Overall tile sizes are a lot larger than previous trends.
- Elongated hexagon shapes are also large and make for interesting patterns.
- Gloss and matte beveled glazed wall tiles (the design was influenced from chocolate bars).
- Varying shades of grey are predominant. Some tiles are not even stocked in colours other than grey.
- Natural, organic, matte finishes are very popular.
- Wavy and patterned textures are popular and look beautiful, especially as wall tiles.
- Metal finishes are also very popular.
Visit Ames Tile & Stone’s website to see the latest information about their products or stop by their showroom to see more samples.
What trends in tiles have you been noticing so far this year?
~ The Flüffians