We read the Summer edition of Western Living and came across an article we love. The article showed tips and tricks from top industry leaders across Canada. We even spotted our products! We thought we’d share these trade secrets we love.
- Get the look of back-painted glass at a fraction of the cost!
- Pereira of Edmonton’s Thirdstone used Ikea’s Abstrakt cabinets to design a kitchen in high gloss white.
- For the backsplash, he used the high-gloss grey Abstrakt cabinets.
- Using panels intended for built-in refrigerators, he cut them to make a custom fit for the backsplash and part of the island.
- You can create a distinct, elegant feature wall by framing out wallpaper.
- The Alykhan Velji includes texture and pattern in his designs, but the walls of this renovated mid-century home in Calgary could have been problematic for wallpaper: they curve on the way up to the ceiling.
- Frame out a defined section, install the patterned paper of your choice, and create the perfect match to any decor!
- Make your furniture pull double duty!
- Megan Baker of Vancouver’s A Good Chick to Know created a home office with a glass waterfall table and a rustic table lamp with a pretty vignette of map-wrapped books.
- It also stores seating underneath, making the space feel tidy and intentional, rather than cluttered.
- The pretty yellow zig zag stools also provide more than just a spot for guests to sit: the bold blast of yellow adds a bit of whimsy to a traditionally serious, work-oriented space.
We loved spotting our products in Megan’s look! What a great idea to use double duty furniture to save space.
Click here to read the entire article on the Western Living’s site.
We can’t wait to try these tips here at Flüff! Share your trade secrets, tips and tricks in the comments below.
~ Jordan, designer & textiles