Last night, The Living Lab in North Vancouver hosted a networking event to learn about Houzz. Houzz is an online community of design professionals where you can upload your images, browse beautiful photos, find contractors in your area and more.
Resa and her team from the Living Lab hosted a wonderful and informative event. We had a one hour session on Houzz basics and then additional training on the advanced Houzz features.
If you’re looking to get started or want to get more profile views on Houzz, here are my top 5 tips from last night’s training:
- Complete your profile information. Everything on Houzz is searchable including your “Business Description”, “Services Provided” and “Areas Served”. Use keywords and think about what your potential clients would be looking for.
- Photos are VERY important. Use professional photos if possible and upload the highest quality photos you have. You can tag your photos with keywords for searching so always be specific and descriptive. Instead of “Interior Design” use keywords like “Modern Condo Remodel”.
- Get reviews! The most important criteria for finding clients is your reviews. Ask your clients for reviews so others can read about what great work you do and know if you’re right for their work they need done.
- Put your Houzz badge on your website. This will increase traffic to your Houzz page. If you have any Best of Houzz Awards – even better! Let people know you’ve been recognized for all of your hard work.
- Ideabooks are a great way to collaborate with other professionals or your clients. Get your clients to save images of what they like so you know what their style is. What an easy and fast way to get inspiration and collaborate!
Are you on Houzz? Make sure we’re following you! Click here to follow us! Add a comment below with a link to your Houzz profile so we can make sure we’re following each other!
~ Erica, marketing