Lately there are requests from our clients for a more relaxed or “lived in” approach to styling their properties. We think that adding a casual gallery wall to a living space is a great way to add some interest to a room, and it mixes things up a little. Here are some tips for creating a casual gallery wall in your home.
- Choose Different Size Images – Variety adds interest and texture. A more relaxed look is achieved using different size images and frames.
- Use Photographs – Artistic photos are perfect for displaying in a show suite, staged home or your personal space. If using them in your own home, why not use images that are special to you but also beautiful!
- Choose a Consistent Palette – One predominate colour should whisper throughout the grouping. Using black and white images with subtle hints of one or two colours is also effective.
- Balance Light and Dark – Make sure you use some matted images or prints with white space. Don’t choose all dark or all light artwork, again variety is important.
- Mix It Up – A mix of art prints, photos and wall art can be fun too. We often use a clock or decorative wall piece to enhance a space or create a feature wall.
There is more than one way to create a gallery space in your home. Currently we are loving a more casual and relaxed style for modern homes. If you follow these simple suggestions you are sure to have a special feature space in your home that really gets people talking!